National Development Bank invites expression of interest from suitably qualified and experienced individuals for the following position.
- The MSME Accountant is responsible for monitoring the cash position of the Banks MSME Credit Facility & other Credit Schemes and daily transactions relating to the loans postings.
- MSME Accountants primary role is ensuring funding and repayments reports are prepared and reported to Management and Department of Commerce and Industry and Other Credit Scheme Fund Oweners.
- To ensure balance sheet general ledger reconciliations relating to loan control accounts are maintained and agreed to sub-ledgers, prepare other general ledger accounts reconciliations relating to loans ledger (loan suspense, oil palm clearing, refund of overpayment) are maintained and cleared monthly.
- To ensure schedules for interest ncome and fees income accounts by customer listings is prepared and maintained on a monthly basis.
- Prepare specific provisions relating to doubtful debt accounts are provided and schedule maintained for reporting purposes.
- Prepare monthly Portfolio at Risk reports by Industries and branches for reporting purposes.
- To assis and support the Executive Manager, Accounting and Finance in ensuring timely and accurate monthly Loans reports are provided to the Management, Board and other stakeholders.
GENERAL QUALIFICATIONS FOR CONSIDERATION
- Degree in Business, Accounting or Commerce.
- Preferably CPA qualification. Part CPA are also encouraged to apply.
- Minimum 3 years of financial and management accounting experience in a financial or banking institution with proven leadership skills and the ability to manage a team.
- Must be PC proficient and able to thrive in a fast -pace setting.
- Have experience in using Attache Accounting system or any accounting or banking software package would be an advantage.
- Good negotiation and Industrial relations skills.
- Excellent communication and inter-personal skills with good command of spoken and written English.
- Demonstrate strong technical accounting expertise and guidance with the ability to analyze, consolidate, and interpret financial data within set deadlines.
- Strong leadership skills are preferred inluding the ability to coach and influence others.
- Switched on to meet set deadlines and proactive.
- Dedication and experience in continuous process improvement.
- Strong organizational, planning, multi-tasking, prioritization, delegation, time management and supvervisory skills.
- Adaptability and capbility to lead change in a dynamic business environment.
- Attention to detail.