Reporting to the Managing Director, the Executive Manager Risk and Compliance is responsible for;
- All areas of Risk and Compliance within the NDB Group.
- Establish and review Risk and Compliance Policies and Procedures.
- Ensure the Risks and Compliance framework meets internal and regulatory requirements.
- Prepare annual compliance plans for approval by the Board Audit Risk Committee (BARC) and deliver within plan.
- Provide guidance to executive management on all Risk and Compliance matters.
- Formulate the NDB Group’s operational and credit risk management framework, policies and strategies.
- Review the Risk and Compliance procedures and recommend robust processes to manage risk exposures.
- Provide guidance to the Credit Risk Management Committee on the Bank's loan portfolio to ensure appropriate actions are taken on potential or existing risks and provisioning proposals.
- Provide guidance on appropriate Credit Risk Management processes.
- Guide the executive management on risk appetite for the banking industry and the market conditions.
- Oversight of the Collections and Recoveries Department and ensure compliance within delegated authorities
- Manage the relationship and support the functions of Legal and Internal Audit Departments in their risk management activities.
- University Degree, preferably in Banking, Finance or Accounting.
- Advanced knowledge in Commercial Law, Risk Management and Regulatory Compliance.
- Advanced Credit Risk analysis skills and conversant with Lending Processes.
- Advanced knowledge on Corporate Banking skills and Risk Management concepts.
- Advanced technical skills in Financial Analysis.
- Well developed People Management Skills in a high performance work culture.
- Minimum 10 years of commercial banking experience with 5 years in senior risks and compliance role preferably with a commercial bank.
Application close on Friday, 29 April, 2022. Only Short listed Applicants will be notified.
Following are primary roles of the Fixed Assets & Taxation Accountant:
- While reporting to the Fixed Assets & Taxation Manager, this position will execute fixed assets and taxation tasks per detailed job descriptions.
- The incumbent will ensure functions are performed effectively and efficiently in compliance with the Bank’s policies, PNG taxation laws, IFRS/IAS, corporate governance principles and enforce operational risk management policies.
- The role will play key part in A&F functions especially in taxation compliance, enforce fixed assets control & administration functions, maintain fixed asset register & taxation data integrity; maintain monthly depreciation schedules and monthly & yearly tax administration functions.
- This role will develop mutual working relationship with internal departments and staff where appropriate, applicable and relevant.
- Monitor and control branch fixed assets and communicate effectively on prudence asset management practices.
- Assist Manager Accounting as and when required.
- Degree in Business, Accounting or Commerce
- CPA PNG Member
- On the job training in the field from previous employer or employer.
- 3-5 years’ experience in a banking and finance environment.
- Good Management skills.
- Strong leadership skills are preferred including the ability to coach and influence the subordinates.
- Strong organizational, multi-tasking, and time management skills.
- Good negotiation and Industrial relations skills.
- Strong communication and inter-personal skills with good command of spoken and written English.
- High level of computer skills would be an advantage.
Application close on Thursday, 7 April, 2022. Only Short listed Applicants will be notified.
Reporting to the Head of Property Safety & Security, the Senior Property Officer’s responsibilities include; supervision of the maintenance team and its activities, prepare drawings & specifications for minor works, responsible for stores and its functions, travel to branch offices when required to assess and scope up minor works, liaise with contractors and service providers for tender bids for services, maintenance and upgrading works, assess maintenance/outfitting requisitions and make recommendations to management; and prepare Management and Tender Committee submissions for approvals as required.
- Degree in Architecture or Building from a recognized institution
- Have a minimum of 5 years experience in a similar position;
- Must be conversant with Site Data Compilation, Evaluation of Design Schemes;
- Must be able to prepare tender documentation, specification and scopes of work for building projects;
- Project Management and Real Estate Processes;
- Familiar with Statutory Requirements and Regulations in PNG;
- Be able to manage a Maintenance team;
- Must be able to lead and work with a dynamic team.
- Must have a valid license –preferably Class 6
Application close on Friday, 15 April, 2022. Only Short listed Applicants will be notified.