The ICT Technician’s role is to support and maintain in-house computer systems, desktops, and peripherals. This includes installing, diagnosing, repairing, maintaining, and upgrading all hardware and equipment while ensuring optimal workstation performance. The person will also troubleshoot problems areas in a timely and accurate fashion, and provide end user training and assistance where required.
Strategy & Planning
- Assist in preparing, maintaining, and upholding procedures for logging, reporting, and statistically monitoring PC performance.
- Accurately document instances of hardware failure, repair, installation, and removal.
- Assist in developing long-term strategies and capacity planning for meeting future computer hardware needs.
- Support development and implementation of new computer projects and new hardware installations.
- Maintain up-to-date knowledge of hardware and equipment contracts and supervise contract-based installations.
- Aid in development of business continuity and disaster recovery plans, maintain current knowledge of plan executables, and respond to crises in accordance with business continuity and disaster recovery plans.
Acquisition & Deployment
- Conduct research on computer products in support of PC procurement and development efforts. Evaluate and recommend hardware products for purchase.
- Write technical specifications for purchase of PCs, networking hardware and related products.
- Recommend, schedule, and perform PC, hardware and peripheral equipment improvements, upgrades, and repairs.
- Work with end users to identify and deliver required PC service levels.
- Liaise with, and provide training and support to, end users and staff on computer operation and other issues.
- Install, configure, test, maintain, monitor, and troubleshoot end user workstation hardware, networked peripheral devices, and networking hardware products.
- Where required, install, configure, test, maintain, monitor, and troubleshoot associated end user workstation software and networking software products.
- Perform on-site analysis, diagnosis, and resolution of complex PC problems for a variety of end users, and recommend and implement corrective hardware solutions, including off-site repair as needed.
- Receive and respond to incoming calls, pages, and/or e-mails regarding PC and/or hardware problems.
- Develop and maintain an inventory of all monitors, keyboards, hard drives, modems, printers, scanners, and other peripheral equipment.
- Monitor and test PC performance and provide PC performance statistics and reports.
- Construct, install, and test customized configurations based on various platforms and operating systems.
- If necessary, liaise with third-party support and PC equipment vendors.
- Provide guidance to junior members of the team as required.
Formal Education & Certification
- College diploma or university degree in the field of computer science and/or 2 years equivalent work experience.
Knowledge & Experience
- Excellent technical knowledge of network and PC hardware, including servers.
- Hands-on hardware troubleshooting experience.
- Extensive equipment support experience with soldering & network tools.
- Working technical knowledge of current network protocols, operating systems, and standards.
- Ability to operate tools, components, and peripheral accessories.
- Able to read and understand technical manuals, procedural documentation, and OEM guides.
- Ability to conduct research into PC issues and products as required.
- Effective interpersonal skills and relationship-building skills.
- Strong written and oral communication skills.
- Ability to present ideas in user-friendly language.
- Understanding of the organization’s goals and objectives.
- Self motivated and directed.
- Keen attention to detail.
- Analytical and problem-solving abilities.
- Ability to effectively prioritize and execute tasks in a high-pressure environment.
- Ability to work in a team-oriented, collaborative environment.
- Strong customer-service orientation.
- On-call availability for 14 days per month.
- Sitting for extended periods of time.
- Dexterity of hands and fingers to operate a computer keyboard, mouse, hand and power tools, and to handle other computer components.
- Lifting and transporting of heavy to moderately heavy objects, such as computers and peripherals.
- Shift work
Application close on Friday, 15 October, 2021. Only Short listed Applicants will be notified.
Reporting to the Managing Director, the Executive Manager Risk and Compliance is responsible for;
- All areas of Risk and Compliance within the NDB Group.
- Establish and review Risk and Compliance Policies and Procedures.
- Ensure the Risks and Compliance framework meets internal and regulatory requirements.
- Prepare annual compliance plans for approval by the Board Audit Risk Committee (BARC) and deliver within plan.
- Provide guidance to executive management on all Risk and Compliance matters.
- Formulate the NDB Group’s operational and credit risk management framework, policies and strategies.
- Review the Risk and Compliance procedures and recommend robust processes to manage risk exposures.
- Provide guidance to the Credit Risk Management Committee on the Bank's loan portfolio to ensure appropriate actions are taken on potential or existing risks and provisioning proposals.
- Provide guidance on appropriate Credit Risk Management processes.
- Guide the executive management on risk appetite for the banking industry and the market conditions.
- Oversight of the Collections and Recoveries Department and ensure compliance within delegated authorities
- Manage the relationship and support the functions of Legal and Internal Audit Departments in their risk management activities.
- University Degree, preferably in Banking, Finance or Accounting.
- Advanced knowledge in Commercial Law, Risk Management and Regulatory Compliance.
- Advanced Credit Risk analysis skills and conversant with Lending Processes.
- Advanced knowledge on Corporate Banking skills and Risk Management concepts.
- Advanced technical skills in Financial Analysis.
- Well developed People Management Skills in a high performance work culture.
- Minimum 10 years of commercial banking experience with 5 years in senior risks and compliance role preferably with a commercial bank.
Application close on Friday, 26 November, 2021. Only Short listed Applicants will be notified.